In order for your cake to be confirmed, a non-refundable deposit of $100 or 50% deposit if cake is under $100 is required. This deposit guarantees that your date will be held and the decorating process can begin. By paying the deposit, you agree to my Terms and Conditions and agree that the paperwork is correct.
- Event dates are held through appointment and/or quote only. An email will be sent within 2 days of verbal confirmation to recap what has been discussed. You will then be required to pay a deposit. If no deposit is received within 1 week of quote given, your date may become unavailable.
- No design changes are to be made within 2 weeks of due date. The client will be allowed 1 change of design sketch after deposit is made but any further changes will be charged at $50.
- Every effort will be made to fulfill the expectations of the client. However due to the subjectivity of the cake and using cake as a sculptural medium, certain decisions and changes during the manufacturing process may need to be made to meet these expectations.
- If you cancel your order, your balance payment is refundable but not the non-refundable deposit. All monies will become non-refundable if cake is cancelled within 14 days of the event.
- If you choose to cancel your cake or postpone your event, the non-refundable deposit can be transferred as a deposit for another cake or a credit for other items.
It is the customer’s responsibility to advise of any dietary requirements and to ensure this is noted in the confirmation email upon paying the deposit.
- Cakes by Tati will not be liable if the customer has not thoroughly checked the paperwork and/or if any information has been missed.
- Although I eliminate contact with the known allergen to the best of my abilities, I am not a bakery that specializes in allergen-free desserts/cakes therefore a 100% allergen-free product cannot necessarily be guaranteed.
BAKING OF ORDERS/FLAVOURS
If cake flavours are not confirmed 10 Days prior to event date, my standard chocolate mud cake will be used.
As all figurines/flowers are hand moulded from icing or polystyrene, they are very fragile. I advise that you handle them with the utmost care
- I do not accept any liability for my figurines/flowers once they have been removed from the cake. (Photo evidence is required when figurines break whilst on the cake).
COLLECTION OF CAKE
Upon collection of your cake, Cakes by Tati holds no liability if the cake is damaged in transit.
- I take the utmost care in ensuring cake is secure and stable and ready for transport but you are requested to take due care when transporting the cake to your location as it is a fragile item.
- I suggest you have someone with you when picking up the cake (specially if it's 2 tiers or more) as it is safer to transport if someone is holding the cake while you drive.
- If you are picking up the cake on your own, please ensure your car is ready for the transport of the cake and if cake is taken on long journeys bring towels/blankets to minimize movement around the outside of the cake boxes if placed in the back of car.
- The cake should also not be left in the car in warm/hot conditions or stored in the fridge unless otherwise specified.
- The cake is created according to the customer’s specifications and refunds will not be given unless the cake is returned in it’s original condition as supplied to you, the customer. I reserve the right to determine whether the refund is appropriate on a case by case basis.
I reserve the right to charge a hire fee and bond for my cake stands. In order to have the bond returned, I require the cake stand to be returned within two days of the event and in it's original undamaded condition.
- I will charge $50 per week until the stand is returned to Cakes by Tati or paid off – whichever occurs first.
CHAIR COVERS and SASH HIRE
These items will be given out for you to setup at your own party. It's ok if they are returned dirty however, they need to be undamaged (for e.g. no holes) otherwise a fee will be charged.
COOKIES and/or CAKE POPS DELIVERIES BY EXTERNAL COURIERS
Delivery cost is additional to the product. Delivery cost is to one venue only, additional costs will apply multiple delivery points are required.
- Weekday delivery times are between 10am and 5pm.
- I use a courier service so someone must be available to accept the order or prior arrangements should be made with Cakes by Tati.
- The address provided to Cake by Tati by the client must be correct at the time of booking. Any redirections or changes will incur an additional cost as charged by the courier company.
- Please note that my standard delivery service only allows a delivery date to be requested and cannot specify a time of day for delivery.
- Note: if there is no-one available to accept the delivery at the appointed destination, delays may occur that are out of my control, and may also result in an additional delivery charge should I need to return the goods back to me or deliver to another address. In these cases, I will contact the customer who has placed the order to request their instructions, additional courier fees will apply.
Some products cannot use a courier to deliver. In those cases I will contact you and discuss other delivery or pick-up alternatives.