How do I price my cakes?
- Every cake is unique and therefore, the price will vary according to the complexity of the design, the number of tiers, the flavours chosen and the amount of time that needs to go into your cake.
- My cakes are baked from scratch using the best and fresh ingredients. I do not use packet mix which guarantees a nice, homely made flavour
Should I use sugar flowers or fresh flowers on my cake?
- Sugar flowers are a great way to add a sophisticated look to your cake. It doesn't matter which month of the year you are getting married or having your party as they will always be in season. You can add glittery effects to them and furthermore, have them in any colour you want. However, please bear in mind that each flower will have to be hand crafted therefore involving more labour, which means adding to the cost of the cake.
- Fresh flowers will definitely reduce the final cost of your cake however, some flowers might not be available depending of when you are having your party. On another note, not all fresh flowers are suitable to put on cakes as they may be poisonous.
Do you do cake tasting?
- Cake tasting is available for wedding cakes only. The cost of cake tasting is $2.00 per sample however, should you wish to place an order with me, it will be deducted from your cake price.
- For any other event, please give me a call to see if I have some samples for you to try - but it is not guaranteed
Can I bring my own cake picture for you to replicate?
- You can certainly bring your own picture/design if you have one in mind, however, please note that I do not copy pictures like for like. I always add my own personal touch to it to respect copyright ownership, as I would not want other cake makers to copy my designs like for like either
How much notice do you need?
- To avoid disappointments, the earlier the better. However, I suggest giving at least 5 months notice for wedding cakes and 3 weeks for any other occasion cakes.
How much deposit should I pay?
- $100 or 50% if your order is under $100
Why should I pay a deposit now if my event is in 5 months' time?
- Paying a deposit guarantees that your date is booked in, that the price cannot go up and gives you peace of mind that you will definitely have a cake on your special occasion